VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: VectorLinux-5.9-final-GOLD is under the tree  (Read 28979 times)

Scott271

Re: VectorLinux-5.9-final-GOLD is under the tree
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 02:47:52 pm »

Just downloaded and installed it, ..... lovin' it!!!

Only one issue, I now have no sound. I was running 5.8 on this comp right before I installed 5.9, the sound was working fine with 5.8. I have tried to have alsa reconfig it twice to no avail, so if someone has some insight into how I can get this working - I'd greatly appreciate it.

Solved! I didn't even need beer and a hammer this time  ;D, ok maybe some beer was involved.

I ran alsaconfig again, rebooted, repeated a few more times, and worked fine. Having had some time to play around with this, I really like it. Great job!!!

M-ake

Re: VectorLinux-5.9-final-GOLD is under the tree
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2008, 05:52:08 am »

- i still cant get COMPIZ to work: i make ALL step by step with VL wiki, no compiz icon is compiled, and after all steps i can force compiz with: indirect rendering and by forcing it. after that i have compiz effect and no way i can run winow borders or window title with standard menu (file, edit etc...).
- performance of video drivers for intel 945GM gma950 on VL is very poor. On ubuntu 7.10 i have better performanc with same compiz effects
- Firefox works SO DAMN SLOW !! Windows and Ubuntu FF works like a charm. on VL no :(

So far, for me, VL was very suitable on desktop PC not on my nx7300 laptop. :(

SHIT :( i give next try as soon as possible - propably within 48h
On my intel 950gma the emerald issue can be fixed by running "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz --replace ccp &". However the performance is still poor for some reason.  Random hiccups.
Jumalauta!!
--
Fish go m00!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]