VectorLinux
December 19, 2014, 03:43:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C++ compiler with IDE  (Read 3921 times)
alexmaie

« on: February 14, 2008, 02:13:46 am »

Hello i am new to linux and i am wondering if there is a c++ compiler for VL with IDE.
If you know something please write down some instructions (idiot proof) on how to install/setup it
Witek Mozga
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:31:50 am »

Hello i am new to linux and i am wondering if there is a c++ compiler for VL with IDE.
If you know something please write down some instructions (idiot proof) on how to install/setup it

If you need just compiler and IDE for it then geany will be great.
If you need application building software then install KDevelop for KDE and Anjuta for Gnome/GTK

M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:41:55 am »

I think he means a full blown IDE (sort of like the gambas IDE)

Here is a link with a list of many IDE's that work on Linux

Pick your favorite and start tracking down a package

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Devtools/ides.html

kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:47:26 am »

Kdevelop with qtdesigner is a nice option if you are thinking of writing QT apps.

Eclipse has plugins for some languages (C++ is there).  Eclipse is a very complete (and bloated IDE). I don't know if the c++ plugin allows you to design interfaces with 'point and click'.  In linux I find a lack on apps helping you to write interfaces.... well just my opinion Wink

HTH

The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:31:33 am »

On Linux, compilers and IDE's are usually seperate projects. Your VL install probably already has a C compiler (gcc) and a C++ compiler (gcc-g++). I agree with kidd on kdevelop. Not that I tried any of the other ide's, but I really like kdevelop, and it's easy to install. You should be able to install kdevelop with gslapt or
Code:
slapt-get --install kdevelop

As for Qtdesigner, it's probably already installed (it comes with the qt package). To start qtdesigner for qt3 use "designer", to start qtdesigner for qt4 use "designer4".

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
voldor

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57:17 am »

Guys, the better specifically created IDE for c++ is codeblocks[www.codeblocks.org] download the nightly builds, it's really awesome, near to VC++
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: