VectorLinux
April 18, 2014, 08:57:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL LOGO  (Read 8118 times)
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 04:15:46 am »

maurolust:

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was angry about something you wrote.  I definitely wasn't.  I think it's constructive and often fun to discuss these things; there's no reason to get angry or upset about something like this (especially when we're discussing something that we don't have the power to decide  Cheesy).  Actually, I get the impression that the VL team (Vec, the other developers, and so on) are open to suggestions.  They know that they have a loyal and intelligent community of users.

Anyway, I hope you keep posting your thoughts, ideas, and questions in these forums.  I think it was good for you to raise the point, even if you and I don't agree on the logo.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 07:27:43 am »

Actually, I get the impression that the VL team (Vec, the other developers, and so on) are open to suggestions.  They know that they have a loyal and intelligent community of users.
. On a strictly business front I Think Ubantu has us beat. On any other front VL has the most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable community out there and we are legendary for it. Thanks to all of you! More important is the end user who constantly gives praise and Thanks. At least that is what I read. Suggestions and open discussion are democratic and positive as is any criticism,(positively displayed).
Regards
metvas

Knowledge is Power, share it.
Be the change you want to see in the World
Sivatheja
Vectorite

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 07:59:47 am »

I'm not writing on this thread again, thanks.

Arae yaar! Dont worry, I did not read the whole conversation in here. The community is very good. Take this for granted. Smiley

Full Linux Machine - Vector Linux 5.9 STD Gold, Intel - 1.79 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 60GB HDD
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 02:14:47 pm »

metvas:

Yeah, I guess you're right; Ubuntu has VL beat in terms of business.  You're also right in saying that this is the best community forum around.  I also want to thank you for everything that you, Vec, and all the others who have made Vector Linux as good as it is.

On a related note:  I've been installing other distros on a spare partition to see how they compare to VL.  I've found all of them to be sluggish and many of them very buggy compared to VL.  I'm not saying Vector is the only Linux distro that is good, I just find it to be the best (for my purposes at least).  I like the release cycle you guys have created, i.e. "it won't be released until we're sure it's as ready as we can make it."  I think this lends greatly to stability and ease of use.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 05:10:15 pm »

I would have to agree that VL is very snappy compared to most other distros i've tried also.

And the community is top notch IMHO.

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: