VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Missing Xarchiver  (Read 1674 times)

Tempete

Missing Xarchiver
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:50:32 am »

It installs by default but isn't in the repositories.

tomh38

• Vectorian
Re: Missing Xarchiver
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43:06 am »

Tempete:  I could be mistaken about this, but I think that in Vector Linux, Xarchiver is included as part of the general Xfce package.  So, if you install VL, Xarchiver is automatically included with Xfce.  From the Xfce web site it seems that Xarchiver can be built separately, but it seems to have been built as part of Xfce with VL.  That's probably why it isn't in the repositories.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.  Are you missing Xarchiver?
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:46:31 am »

xarchiver is part of the iso.  But for whatever reason wasn't placed in the repo.  Uel has one waiting for me to put there now...  I'll get right on it ;)

tomh38

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:29:51 am »

Well ... I was mistaken!  Not a big surprise.  :D

Thanks for clearing that up exeterdad.
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

Sivatheja

• Vectorite
    • Banthigaadu
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:11:26 am »

Can the XArchiver be enhanced to support .rar format also? We only have a command line utility for .rar (and can be unpacked by right clicking on the .rar archive also)
Full Linux Machine - Vector Linux 5.9 STD Gold, Intel - 1.79 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 60GB HDD