VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 12:51:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Xarchiver  (Read 1420 times)
Tempete

« on: February 16, 2008, 08:50:32 am »

It installs by default but isn't in the repositories.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43:06 am »

Tempete:  I could be mistaken about this, but I think that in Vector Linux, Xarchiver is included as part of the general Xfce package.  So, if you install VL, Xarchiver is automatically included with Xfce.  From the Xfce web site it seems that Xarchiver can be built separately, but it seems to have been built as part of Xfce with VL.  That's probably why it isn't in the repositories.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.  Are you missing Xarchiver?

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:46:31 am »

xarchiver is part of the iso.  But for whatever reason wasn't placed in the repo.  Uel has one waiting for me to put there now...  I'll get right on it Wink
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:29:51 am »

Well ... I was mistaken!  Not a big surprise.  Cheesy

Thanks for clearing that up exeterdad.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Sivatheja
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:11:26 am »

Can the XArchiver be enhanced to support .rar format also? We only have a command line utility for .rar (and can be unpacked by right clicking on the .rar archive also)

Full Linux Machine - Vector Linux 5.9 STD Gold, Intel - 1.79 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 60GB HDD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: