VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 10:10:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please offer VMware images.  (Read 1592 times)
pers0n

« on: February 16, 2008, 12:50:05 pm »

I'd like to see vmware images ready to go to download of vector linux. I'd install myself, but it never works for some reason.

The following link has a vmware image of vectorlinux soho
http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/890
But the download is so slow its worthless Sad

joec

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:35:27 am »

There is an appliance fpr VL5.9 Std Gold available from the VMware site. Bgavapp is the creator and I have always found his /her machines to work nicely. They are prepared for VMware player on windows but also work on VMware Fusion (Mac).

As for download times  - any file that big is going to take awhile.
ozfossil

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

I would like to second Pers0n's request - for the very same reasons - i.e. installing VL 7.0 will not succeed on my system (Windows 7 host)

Cheers and hope!

Peter
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:03:36 am »

How about VirtualBox?

Several of the developers use VB for their own personal uses, so it might be easier to get a VBox image available than vmware.

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
Dark Rider

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:07:54 pm »

I would like to second Pers0n's request - for the very same reasons - i.e. installing VL 7.0 will not succeed on my system (Windows 7 host)

Cheers and hope!

Peter

I'm having the same problem I tried the Vector Linux 7.0 Std Gold in VMware Player and VMware Workstation 8.0 and on both systems after it asks for your resolution and reboots it suddenly can't find the operating system on your I.S.O. This is very odd for a VM to do. If others are having the same problem, perhaps once a way around this is found, someone can offer a Vmware disk.

I read someplace there was an issue with an older version of Vector where you had to skip the resolution config at install. I can cancel it but it doesn't resume installing.  I'll keep trying.  If anyone does get this issue and finds a way around it, please post it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:18:44 pm by Dark Rider » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: