VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 01:35:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xfce Issues - Vector 5.9 Gold  (Read 1413 times)
voldor

« on: February 18, 2008, 06:02:24 am »

Extracted from ubuntu forums:
[So I've been using XFCE and enjoying it thoroughly. I have two small issues that bother me. The first, when I right click to bring up a menu there is a slight pause as the menu comes up where the outline is there and filled with garbled stuff. And then the menu shows up. It's mostly noticeable with the main desktop menu, but also in just app right click menus. It's definitely not a deal breaker, but something I would like to fix.

Second, xf4run, when it pops up using Alt+F2, the text isn't highlighted. Again not a big deal, but something I would like to fix. Oddly enough, the first time I open it up when I start XFCE the text is highlighted. It is just afterward that it isn't.]

Extracted from xfce wiki:
[It is more likely that the icon theme you are using renders too many SVGs making it very hard to scroll. Switch to another icon theme.]
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:01 am »

It seems to me you have video driver problems - ie the wrong video module is loaded for your machine. Please post the output of the following commands to this thread:

lspci
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: