VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 06:14:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to add Fuji F30 camera in digiKam?  (Read 1411 times)
yalegodman

« on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:18 pm »

My system is VL soho 5.8.
I tried to use my camera Fujifilm F30 with digiKam. But I found F30 is not listed in digiKam's available list. What to do?

In PClinuxOS and Sidux, this camera is available in the list, and digiKam's version in these two distro is not newer than in VL soho 5.8. Why?
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:43:17 pm »

That's because it is not DigiKam that provides you with the various camera drivers but a program called "gphoto2". As you are using our older 5.8 version you probably have the older libgphoto2 library. The Fuji F30 is available with the latest libgphoto library on VL version 5.9.

If you want to stick with VL5.8 you will have to upgrade libphoto2. To do that you might be able to use the newer version from the 5.9 repository, but there is no guarantee that that would work properly under VL5.8. But no harm in trying. It is here:

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/packages/libs/libgphoto2-2.4.0-i586-2vl59.tlz

Then install it with: installpkg nameofpackage (as root in a terminal).

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
yalegodman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:07 pm »

terrible.
I downloaded and installed libgphoto2 as you mentioned, the result is that digiKam cannot be opened.
And, when I reboot system, in the screen scroll, there are many error messages, such as "unknown key" etc.
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:28:49 am »

Ahhh yes, unfortunate, but I did say that "there is no guarantee that it would work properly under VL5.8". Unfortunately we do not have a newer version of digikam packaged as we have changed to using gtkam with VL5.9. Have you ever compiled from source, because you could try building a new version of digikam? If you don't want to try that ask in our package request forum for someone to please build you a new package of digikam.

To remove the non-working new package of libgphoto2 you can use the command "removepkg nameofpackage".

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
yalegodman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:19:00 am »

thank you, lagagnon.
libgphoto2 version in VL soho 5.8 iso is 2.2, I updated it to 2.3 through slapt-get from 5.8's pool, then I can find F30 in the camera list.
But, I tried all ways to access my f30 camera, it always tell me "failed to access the camera, please ensure the device was connected to computer correctly".
In fact the connection is no problem. I kept the camera's line untouched, and rebooted to pclinuxos and its digikam can work well with my camera.
For this problem, I've re-installed the system a few times, but it is not solved yet.
funny!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:24:32 am by yalegodman » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: