VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 02:56:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP+mysql server in a celeron 400? [Solved]  (Read 1030 times)
cabu
Packager

« on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:46 am »

Hello:
         I trying to mount a php+mysql server in a celeron 400mhz with 48 mb ram.... it can be done?

I also want to enter remote to the server. I only know how to do it with VNC. But im interesting to enter with a remote login.
Any ideas?

See ya Cabu
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:25:45 pm by cabu » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:50:05 am »

Hola cabu!

It can be done, keep in mind you can't do a huge number of simultaneous connections to the server. But that would be enough for a small nerwork.
The best way of remoting administrate the server would be ssh, imho. If you are going to connect from the lan (not from internet) a regular remote login would be enough. The login manager, kdm, has some options to accomplish a remote login pretty easily. I have just one comp at the moment, the lappy has just wireless and I have no wifi router, so I cant be much helpful Sad

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
cabu
Packager

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:36 pm »

thanks for thr reply. The idea is for a small (lan) network. I´m doing a page and i dont want to upload with FTP a document.
and ofcourse learn for a future big propurse
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:13:17 pm »

Then a remote login will do it. I saw a server with that resources doing it well with ~16 simultaneous connections. If you want to experiment, you can setup the box to receive ssh connections, which will allow you to do encrypted connections to your box from the internet. That is cool. I saw your VNC related posts, that could work, I dunno about the vnc resources requisites though, they are not too high, but that depends on what else you will be running in the server.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
cabu
Packager

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:25:22 pm »

Thanks for the info!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: