VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 07:41:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane keyboard rreeeeppppeeeeeaaat rate won't change....  (Read 1186 times)
kenquad

« on: May 28, 2007, 05:25:41 pm »

Hi all:

New to Vector here; think it's pretty slick....

But haven't got past square 1 because of the following problem:

The keyboard repeat rate.

I just fresh-loaded Vector 5.8 on an oldish K6-II 500MHz box with 128MB RAM.  I immediately noticed that the keyboard repeat function was WAY too sensitive.  As in, you can barely type your username without repeating all the letters 47 times--never mind passwords. 

"No problem," said I, "I'll just mosey over to this Keyboard Settings dialog and change things the way I want them."  Accordingly, I cranked the Delay all the way up and the repeat rate all the way down.

No effect.  This is bad Sad

I have tried several different keyboards, rebooted repeatedly, and looked at the BIOS for some way to change this in the firmware, which there isn't.  I have tried manually adjusting the Typematic rate with
Code:
xset r rate 195 35/[code]  Also, I have booted this same box into a Puppy live CD with no such keyboard-repeat difficulties.  The only solution I have found is to turn off repeat entirely, which is not acceptable for day-to-day use.

Problem doesn't show up in a console login, only in X.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I really like Vector.

Thanks in advance,

Kenquad
[/code]
dusk123

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »

Hi how did you fix that ? I have the same problem. cannot type anything, it just repeats all the characters and this is driving me nuts.  I have installed 5.9. 

anyone has any idea how to fix that ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: