VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 02:33:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: drafting program  (Read 947 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: February 19, 2008, 04:24:53 pm »

Hi
Is there a free drafting program that works well with Vector...for example I have 3d home architect on win95, seen a page on linux-cad but it is likely pricey as it is like autocad..I have Dia which is ok but would like something better for architectural drafting. 2d would be fine
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:51:45 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:08 pm »

QCAD is very good and only 34 Euros. I don't know if there are any good free Linux CAD programs other than Dia, which as you say, is a bit limited.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:10:34 pm »

Hi laganon
Thanks..I will have a closer look at QCAD...it has a downloadable trial that will work for ten mins for a closer look.
There were not very many of these programs as freeware for windows either. but 3d home was worth what ever I paid for it at the time..
QCAD looks very similar to cad standard lite which I think works with wine..although I would rather limit the wine useage.
Dia although limited is a very good program and better than most I found as win freeware.
BLABLABLA

THANKS

Everything Is Relative
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »

IIRC, there is a qcad community edition.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 01:39:44 am »

Yes I see that near the bottom of the site page. it has requirements of a qt compiler which I do not have?..but the gnu tools are likely in vector. or is there a c++ compiler in the repos that would work.? the compile effort is likely worth more than the program.

Requirements: Qt developer edition 3.3.4, C++ compiler, GNU tools.

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: