VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: drafting program  (Read 1061 times)

overthere

• Vectorian
drafting program
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:24:53 pm »

Hi
Is there a free drafting program that works well with Vector...for example I have 3d home architect on win95, seen a page on linux-cad but it is likely pricey as it is like autocad..I have Dia which is ok but would like something better for architectural drafting. 2d would be fine
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:51:45 pm by overthere »
Everything Is Relative

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: drafting program
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:08 pm »

QCAD is very good and only 34 Euros. I don't know if there are any good free Linux CAD programs other than Dia, which as you say, is a bit limited.
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:10:34 pm »

Hi laganon
Thanks..I will have a closer look at QCAD...it has a downloadable trial that will work for ten mins for a closer look.
There were not very many of these programs as freeware for windows either. but 3d home was worth what ever I paid for it at the time..
QCAD looks very similar to cad standard lite which I think works with wine..although I would rather limit the wine useage.
Dia although limited is a very good program and better than most I found as win freeware.
BLABLABLA

THANKS
Everything Is Relative

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »

IIRC, there is a qcad community edition.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 01:39:44 am »

Yes I see that near the bottom of the site page. it has requirements of a qt compiler which I do not have?..but the gnu tools are likely in vector. or is there a c++ compiler in the repos that would work.? the compile effort is likely worth more than the program.

Requirements: Qt developer edition 3.3.4, C++ compiler, GNU tools.
Everything Is Relative