VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 11:31:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: slapt-get-0.9.12c cannot resolve host  (Read 1329 times)
geschoss

« on: February 19, 2008, 04:47:43 pm »

On VL-5.9 standard i tried to get gslapt/slapt-get to work, most times get error message about failure to resolve host or something like that. When it does work it seems like it takes forever, running slapt-get from command line. Anyway, using slapt-get-0.9.11f-i586-4vl58.tlz and gslapt-0.3.15-i586-4vl58.tlz works perfectly.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:38 am »

That slapt-get version works fine for me. Perhaps some of the mirrors used had some trouble? I think the slapt-get packages come with their own config file, thus resetting mirrors to the default setting when a new slapt-get package is installed.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
geschoss

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:03 am »

Typical output when run from the command line:

root:# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Not Found
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Not Found
Sources failed to download, correct sources and rerun --update

Going back to slapt-get-0.9.11f with same slapt-get.rc file works.

root:# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Reading Package Lists...Done
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Cached
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Cached
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Cached
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Cached
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Cached

??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: