VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 04:14:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie to Linux: debugfs not found.  (Read 1150 times)
Cracked

« on: February 17, 2008, 12:42:41 pm »

Hello.  I have a question that may have a simple answer, but I'm not sure what it is.

I recently download the new 5.9 GOLD and put it on CD.  Whenever I try to boot from the CD, the initial startup happily chugs along until it hits usbmon: debugfs not found (or something along those lines).  I remember I had this problem about a year ago when I tried it, but I was using SOHO back then and there was a second kernel that seemed to work.  I was hoping to avoid using SOHO because my computer is quite old (Pentium II, 196MB Ram), and it wasn't running quickly enough for me to do everyday tasks.

Is there a way I could possibly bypass this error?  This is before Vector Linux is installed, just booting off of the CD causes this.  Thank you for any help that you might be able to provide.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:14:06 pm »

you can try some of the kernel boot parameters.
try typing "linux noapic" or "linux nousb"
Cracked

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:14:57 pm »

noapic had no effect, but it seems to boot with nousb.  Although my mouse is USB, I have an adapter I can use.  Hopefully, I can learn to avert this problem, perhaps fix it more permanently.

Thanks for the help Smiley
nightshift

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:51:40 pm »

Hi cracked:
   I have this same problem with different distro of linux and winxp, My workaround was to by a four port usb switch -- not a hub and hook my computer to the second port, then when the system is up and running set the switch to the second port and the usb mouse comes back on line btw the switch controls the hub that the mouse and printer is plugged into!!

Hope this helps
nightshift
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: