VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Wifi-radar  (Read 1036 times)

tyoung

Wifi-radar
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:32 am »

Hi,

Just got my system up and running and I am trying to get my wireless card working.  Wifi-radar is mentioned quite often in the forums but I can't find any sign of it in the menus or if I try and run it from a terminal window.
Do I have to install it somehow??

cheers
Tony

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Wifi-radar
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:58:26 am »

On VL5.9 Gold, in the Xfce menu:
It's the second from the last entry in the Network category.  Can also be launch as root with wifi-radar.  I'm not certain, but I think I had to reinstall it to work properly on my laptop.  I could be wrong on this.

I've found that VLwifi works well for me.  It actually does the setting up of the wireless device and hasn't failed me yet.  wifi-radar just seems to scan for networks in range and allows you to set up a connection with them.

Good Luck with it :)
Lee

tyoung

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:32 am »

I have VectorLinux5.9 beta1 light installed I guess this may be why I don't have it or VLwifi.

Is there any way I can get these packages and install them?

cheers
Tony
(Linux very Newbie)

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:10:43 pm »

my wifi-radar didn't work either.  I just uninstalled it, and when I was about installing again...   
It's not in the repos ?#@!

I have all repos enabled, but no chance.... :(