VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 01:51:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wifi-radar  (Read 934 times)
tyoung

« on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:32 am »

Hi,

Just got my system up and running and I am trying to get my wireless card working.  Wifi-radar is mentioned quite often in the forums but I can't find any sign of it in the menus or if I try and run it from a terminal window.
Do I have to install it somehow??

cheers
Tony
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:58:26 am »

On VL5.9 Gold, in the Xfce menu:
It's the second from the last entry in the Network category.  Can also be launch as root with wifi-radar.  I'm not certain, but I think I had to reinstall it to work properly on my laptop.  I could be wrong on this.

I've found that VLwifi works well for me.  It actually does the setting up of the wireless device and hasn't failed me yet.  wifi-radar just seems to scan for networks in range and allows you to set up a connection with them.

Good Luck with it Smiley
Lee
tyoung

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:32 am »

I have VectorLinux5.9 beta1 light installed I guess this may be why I don't have it or VLwifi.

Is there any way I can get these packages and install them?

cheers
Tony
(Linux very Newbie)
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:10:43 pm »

my wifi-radar didn't work either.  I just uninstalled it, and when I was about installing again...   
It's not in the repos ?#@!

I have all repos enabled, but no chance.... Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: