VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: European Union fines Microsoft  (Read 1144 times)

tomh38

• Vectorian
European Union fines Microsoft
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:43:03 am »

The European Union has fined Microsoft for non-compliance with its 2004 antitrust ruling:

One account of the story is here.
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

Sivatheja

• Vectorite
    • Banthigaadu
Re: European Union fines Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:08:35 am »

Whow! You greatly collect such stories :P

EDIT: I feel that people have strange hatred for micorsoft, and hence  these issues. How can such a massive organization missout some blah blah security checks? I did not delve into the whole matter, but the first impression I got when I read this was, "everyone have such issues and they are trying to corner this organization"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:19:02 am by sivatheja »
Full Linux Machine - Vector Linux 5.9 STD Gold, Intel - 1.79 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 60GB HDD

tomh38

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:16:46 am »

sivatheja:

I have to confess to you that most of the links to news stories I post come from one of two places:

1) Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/)

and

2) Fark (www.fark.com)

Though I do also find things of interest on Google News, OSNews, and I few other places I can't remember right now.

Tom
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

Sivatheja

• Vectorite
    • Banthigaadu
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:28:26 pm »

It is better, atleast you get the news :) I dont on the other hand  :'(
Full Linux Machine - Vector Linux 5.9 STD Gold, Intel - 1.79 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 60GB HDD