VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 03:06:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED]2nd NIC in virtualbox  (Read 1657 times)
dr_te_z

« on: February 29, 2008, 12:22:41 am »

Hi,
I've installed vector as a client in virtualbox. This way of hosting allows you to configure more than 1 virtual NIC. One  to connect to the outside world and another to connect to brother-clients running under that same host.
I used VASM to configure 2 NIC's and that works fine, but after a reboot of the client only the 1st NIC comes up and the 2nd NIC has to be started manually by root using VASM.
How can I force vector to start both NIC's?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:34:00 pm by dr_te_z » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:02:42 am »

you can append the commands needed to bring the interface up to the end of your /etc/tc.d/rc.local file.

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
dr_te_z

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:49:25 pm »

the commands needed to bring the interface.
Thanks. But the commands are encapsuled in VASM. All my google hits lead me to VASM. How do I figure-out the command to start inet2?
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

Usually the commands are:

ifconfig ethX up
ifconfig ethX <IP_ADDRESS> or dhcpcd ethX if you are using dinamic ip's.

Replace X with the proper number. If udev switch the names of the interfaces, look at the howtos for the solution by Joe1962.

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
dr_te_z

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:16 pm »

Found this http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5088.0 and I saw this
Code:
Then I edited /etc/ifplug.d/ifplugd.conf as follows:
  before: INTERFACES="eth0"
  after:   INTERFACES="eth0 wlan0"
I tried that specifying "eth1" instead of "wlan0" and that did the trick!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: