VectorLinux
April 18, 2014, 05:49:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: install VLC  (Read 1353 times)
kge420

« on: February 26, 2008, 08:03:18 pm »

I'm looking to install VLC as my media player. There are many downloads for linux. Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks, Keiths

Toshiba Satellite 2805
20 GB hdd
192mb ram
VL 5.9

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    -Ben Franklin
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:23 pm »

I am actually working on a build of vlc now if you can wait till its done.

the build of VLC is finished. you can get it with slapt-get or gslapt. It is in the testing repo for now.

Thanks
Uelsk8s
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:33:46 pm by uelsk8s » Logged
kge420

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:35:15 am »

I can wait. What does gslapt stand for? Also, I posted elsewhere on the forum about auto-mount the cd when it is inserted. Is this possible? (sorry for the double post)  Keith

Toshiba Satellite 2805
20 GB hdd
192mb ram
VL 5.9

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    -Ben Franklin
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 09:26:43 am »

I am VL-hot fan so I am not sure about this, but I think HAL does what you want. You can use HAL instead VL-Hot by selecting it with VasmCC > Hardware > Mounter.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 08:48:37 pm »

gslapt

Slapt-get is a command-line package manager inspired by the well-known Debian apt-get system, which installs a package and pulls down the dependencies needed by a package if the package is produced properly. Slapt-get is for Slackware and is used by Slackware-based VectorLinux.

Gslapt is a graphical front end for slapt-get, so gslapt means "graphical slapt-get." Or so it seems to me.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: