VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: slapt-get-0.9.12c cannot resolve host  (Read 1486 times)

geschoss

slapt-get-0.9.12c cannot resolve host
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:47:43 pm »

On VL-5.9 standard i tried to get gslapt/slapt-get to work, most times get error message about failure to resolve host or something like that. When it does work it seems like it takes forever, running slapt-get from command line. Anyway, using slapt-get-0.9.11f-i586-4vl58.tlz and gslapt-0.3.15-i586-4vl58.tlz works perfectly.

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
Re: slapt-get-0.9.12c cannot resolve host
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:38 am »

That slapt-get version works fine for me. Perhaps some of the mirrors used had some trouble? I think the slapt-get packages come with their own config file, thus resetting mirrors to the default setting when a new slapt-get package is installed.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.

geschoss

Re: slapt-get-0.9.12c cannot resolve host
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:03 am »

Typical output when run from the command line:

root:# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Not Found
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Not Found
Sources failed to download, correct sources and rerun --update

Going back to slapt-get-0.9.11f with same slapt-get.rc file works.

root:# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Cached
Reading Package Lists...Done
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Cached
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Cached
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Cached
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Cached
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Cached
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Cached

??