VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 11:57:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multimedia Bonus Disc RC 2.6 is Released!!!  (Read 12454 times)
dannyupsolate

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 04:08:28 pm »

is there any support for a tv tuner card like a hauppauge 150 in this release
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:56:37 pm »

is there any support for a tv tuner card like a hauppauge 150 in this release

I am sorry, but no. The thought hadn't even occurred to me. However, I'll see what I can do and maybe I'll have something implemented (if I can find a suitable program) in the 1.0 release soon. Thanks for the suggestion, I would have never thought of any TV tuner software!  Smiley

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
dannyupsolate

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:18 pm »

thanks would be great to capture and edit on  the same computer. still in my baby steps stage with linux. the avidemux worked great to cut out commercials.i am still using the previous release since the installer on the new one baffled me.
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 09:43:40 am »

thanks would be great to capture and edit on  the same computer.

I can see what you mean. I'll see what I can do. No promises though!  Wink

i am still using the previous release since the installer on the new one baffled me.

I'll see if I can have the installer fixed so it's easer to run on Standard. What was your problem exactly? Let us know if you have any problems and we will do our best to help!

Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
dannyupsolate

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 10:36:22 am »

in reply 7 cailyn stated   The reason the icon won't launch the installer appears to be that Install.sh isn't executable.  It appears to be a permissions issue.  Pretty simple fix.    problem is i am to much a newby to know that simple fix
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 11:06:42 am »

in reply 7 cailyn stated   The reason the icon won't launch the installer appears to be that Install.sh isn't executable.  It appears to be a permissions issue.  Pretty simple fix.    problem is i am to much a newby to know that simple fix

Yup, I have to fix it on the Bonus Disc itself. I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you want to install, try running the installer from a terminal. To do this, open the CD and then right-click and click Open Terminal Here. Then, type:

Code:
sh Install.sh

Don't close the terminal! But this should get the installer running for you. Let me know if it works. And let me know if there is anything confused about. I want to make this as easy as possible for Newbies. Thanks!

dannyupsolate

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:33 pm »

thanks for the help     do i need to uninstall the previous release
dannyupsolate

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 09:03:05 pm »

the new disk is able to uninstall the previous version  newbie observations are    do not right click on install sh and open terminal program just right click near install sh and choose open terminal here     now if kino will play nice with my dazzle dv bridge   battlestar galactica will be captured friday night
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 07:41:57 am »

now if kino will play nice with my dazzle dv bridge   battlestar galactica will be captured friday night

Hehe, I have a whole section in the upcoming printed manual devoted to that subject. BTW, I will probably begin shipping those next week, once I get it proof read and printed.  Wink I will post an announcement here first, but you will be able to find it at www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com when I get it done.

the new disk is able to uninstall the previous version  newbie observations are   

You should not need to remove a previous version, as the installer will update only the programs that need to be updated. I'm not sure why it couldn't uninstall. Maybe the RC 2.6 version has the older installer. I have a newer version RC 2.8 but I never announced it because the next version will be 1.0. You can find RC 2.8 on the download of my website above.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:57:58 am by Dweeberkitty » Logged

Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 07:46:01 pm »

dannyupsolate,

I've fixed the installer problem in version 1.0. Now, when you open the MMBD, there will be two icons. The first will be for installing on SOHO and the second for installing on Standard. Just click on the right one. Also, I've fixed the uninstall problem. I'll probably release 1.0 a little later this week or early next week.

dannyupsolate

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 11:41:50 am »

i think you will have a great release.  i added vlc out of the vector testing repository because of this http://flossmanuals.net/VLC/EncodeVideoinVLC      thanks for all the help
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 10:09:34 am »

Okay, what I think I will do is not have an upgraded KDE on the disc

Strongly agree. There are several kde apps on the repo that make you upgrade to 3.5.9. That is a bit of a pain, because it also upgrades qt, which in turn depends on mysql, which is still in testing (correct me if I'm wrong).

This means a simple kde application (even just installing arts) on a 5.9 Std fresh install makes the user enable the testing repo, upgrade core libraries, and install a database. I think that's a bit too much, and that all kde applications should be compiled agains 3.5.8.

EDIT: Sorry, dweeberkitty, didn't read that "[you] didn't really build any packages against the newer kde packages". That's great.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 10:12:22 am by wcs » Logged
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 10:15:04 am »

How about a more capable CD ripper?  grip, for example, is faster than ripperX and is far more configurable

What's wrong with k3b? I find it the best choice to rip cd's.
Although, I suppose somebody might want a ripper program, but not a burner... Or a ripper that is lighter.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: