VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 07:25:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest KDE4 packages for VL 5.9  (Read 1726 times)
Amol

« on: March 08, 2008, 10:51:12 pm »

Hi All

I put the above request in wrong section (Software General).

I was wondering from where can I get latest KDE4 packages fro VL59. Is there any chance they will be released on the VL repository soon? Or do I have to wait till the next release of VL?

Best regards!
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:00:57 am »

At this point in time, KDE4 is still pretty crappy and the same is true for our KDE4 packages (or at least last time I tried them). They are available for the adventurous, read more about it here: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5716.0
I don't think packages will be in the repository any time soon, unless KDE developers make a huge leap forward.

If you really like KDE3 and think 4 will be the same but better, you'd better stick with 3 for now. KDE4 can't do half the things it's older sibling can do. The only thing it can do that KDE3 can't, is make more eyecandy and gobble up even more RAM

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Amol

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:18:58 pm »

Thanks a lot!! Smiley

I think I should wait a little bit more to start using it on my PC.

Best regards,
Amol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: