VectorLinux
September 16, 2014, 09:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hector Vector - Hello  (Read 1399 times)
Pete

« on: March 10, 2008, 10:00:34 am »

Just to say 'Hellooo'.  Just started to download VL5.9-Light-B2, reason you ask? Well I needs a small and fast OS for my very old PC that I got for free (Thank you).  I intend to turn it into a small little server (seeing as its a small little PC .. aww) And VL was the one most people recommended.

Sorry to hear about the main site (was it nasty hacking people or someone just put there foot in it?) if you want any help i'll love to help ^_*

Erm some information about me 18, male, Studying HND Computing, Likes Programming, Dislikes angry people
Right that's about it come on download (19%)

-Pete

"To the library"
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:26:49 am »

Hi pete!

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have people that like programming around. Usually this means curious, smart and learn willing ppl.  That makes you fit here.

The website gets hacked from time to time.... it's really sad, but some people seems to find it funny to deface websites as VL.

Help is always welcome, you can contact some devs in IRC ( #vectorlinux at freenode ). There's a lot to do, from testing packages or writting documentation to write or maintain vl-specific apps (I think vasm is orphan now)

See ya around

Pete

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:43:25 am »

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.  I think (Hope) ill fit in here Cheesy

Quote from: kidd
The website gets hacked from time to time.... it's really sad, but some people seems to find it funny to deface websites as VL.
<rant>grr, why cant they just do something constructive. </rant>

Too IRC and beyond  Cheesy

-Pete Out!

P.S Downloaded and 99% installed (required/vlconfig.tlz) hahah

"To the library"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: