VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 04:24:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: New test website  (Read 84526 times)
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 06:09:46 pm »

OK it's fixed these vermin are replacing the index files with their own. I have everything locked down as tight as I can get it but there is a hole somewhere in the isp's armour..............sigh.

vec
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 07:44:56 pm »

The CD Store page has disappeared   Embarrassed   So have downloads, features, and editions.  Part of the hack, I imagine. 

I'm surprised the ISP hasn't taken action. If someone can get at the Vector site they can probably get at others.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
clone

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 01:45:56 am »

um why does anyone want to take over this site?

i mean of all the websites you can hack why would someone want to target VL?
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2008, 04:46:55 am »

I think it's looking good,  but the Mailing List link is not working at the moment anyway.

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 12:30:24 pm »

And our friendly hackers are back yet again.... what do they have against us in particular?
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2008, 04:19:05 pm »

*sigh*  time for new host with real security measurements. Obviously the current host isn't doing well, and the security holes are on their end. There's not much that VL can do to make the site anymore secure if the host is leaving doors wide open.

Although, it DOES make you wonder why the VectorLinux site is the target,,,, repeatedly.

Note to the Crackers:
There's other sites out there, go show us some REAL skills and go for the challenging ones Wink , I'm not impressed that one can attack a site that is hosted on a minimal security host.. nope, sorry, showing me no skills there, and I've seen better.
If you're looking for a job, you're going about it the wrong way. It's better to just drop in and tell us your skills in whatever department and what you can do for us, instead of trying to show us what you can do against us on a minimal security host Wink

kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2008, 04:27:19 pm »

*sigh*  time for new host with real security measurements. Obviously the current host isn't doing well, and the security holes are on their end. There's not much that VL can do to make the site anymore secure if the host is leaving doors wide open.

Although, it DOES make you wonder why the VectorLinux site is the target,,,, repeatedly.

Note to the Crackers:
There's other sites out there, go show us some REAL skills and go for the challenging ones Wink , I'm not impressed that one can attack a site that is hosted on a minimal security host.. nope, sorry, showing me no skills there, and I've seen better.
If you're looking for a job, you're going about it the wrong way. It's better to just drop in and tell us your skills in whatever department and what you can do for us, instead of trying to show us what you can do against us on a minimal security host Wink

Well said Masta Smiley

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
fuelinux

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 06:26:37 am »

At least one advantage from those "hackers" - It's obvious that the host is vulnerable to those kinds of attacks (and this is the reason for "hackers" to cracking the site again). I wouldn't be suprised if they'll hack it one more time.

BTW, I've got a question regarding the forum's feature. Where can I ask it?

Vector Linux 5.8 Standard
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2008, 03:58:33 pm »

vector, the website is looking great. Could you place a link to the MMBD site either in the Menu or the Web Links section for me? That way there's a link to it directly from the main page. Thanks!

EDIT: Could you change any links to it to www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com ? That'd be great as that's where I am going to have my website.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:46:10 am by Dweeberkitty » Logged

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
kukibl
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 08:55:30 am »

Subscribe to mailing list is not working. I got redirected to this link http://www.fullsystemsinc.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi with this message:

Code:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 09:21:48 am »

Our "friends" are back again....
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:05 am »

Since it seems so trivial for our homepage to be hacked, and considering our site was recently moved to a new server, I gotta ask: Is phpwebsite the problem here?
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 10:32:49 am »

...I gotta ask: Is phpwebsite the problem here?

Maybe. Since this is now the 6th hack (maybe more?) in a little over 2 years now, of our website and/or forum, I suspect we are considered an easy target and our website link is probably listed in hacker/script-kiddies forums/newsgroups - as they seem to be different hackers each time - but I could be wrong.

I think we need to seriously look a the versions of whatever software we are using and go through the security websites to see what might be our weakpoint(s). What a pain in the butt...

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
clint08

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2008, 05:24:28 pm »

Can anyone tell me how create a site like this one?
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:25 pm »

Can anyone tell me how create a site like this one?

Find phpwebsite and follow their instructions:

http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: