VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Gslapt not updating - Solved  (Read 2457 times)

andy08

Gslapt not updating - Solved
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:41:42 pm »

I have searched high and low for an answer to this problem, but nobody else seems to have this problem. On a new install of V5.9 I cannot update Gslapt; it's just extremely slow, and eventually times out. Command line won't work either. I have tried a few different repos. It almost seems like an internet connection problem, yet I have absolutely no connection problems anywhere else. This is what I get:

root:# slapt-get --update
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]... Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...  0Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Done
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Not Found
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/packages/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Reading Package Lists...Done
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/patches/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/extra/]...Not Found
Retrieving package data [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...  Done
Retrieving patch list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Failed to download: Couldn't resolve host name
Retrieving checksum signature [ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.9/testing/]...Not Found
Sources failed to download, correct sources and rerun --update
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:13:54 pm by andy08 »

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Gslapt not updating
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:08:11 pm »

Perhaps a dns problem? Try appending opendns addresses to the end of your /etc/resolv.conf

Code: [Select]
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

andy08

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:18:55 pm »

Amazing. It works!

Thanks a million.

(Wonder if it has anything to do with SaskTel's hated 2wire modem/routers...

budulay

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • NewComer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:19:15 pm »

Hello, I am experienccing the same type of problem, and I, have a 2wire router, too.
I tryed to add those you have adviced, and GSLAPT did worked well, but after I rebooted, this two lines in resolv.conf disapeared.
I added them once more, this time making sure that I saved editing by opening the file once more. They was there. But after reboot they disapered, too.
A tryed it for a few times, but get the same result.
Could you help me, please.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:23:27 pm by budulay »
VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

budulay

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • NewComer
Re: Gslapt not updating - Solved
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:11:37 pm »

It did hepled:-)
Thanks a lot.
VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!