VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 01:58:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia Cellphone Videos  (Read 1441 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: March 12, 2008, 06:41:29 pm »

My wife has a Nokia M73 cellphone and took some videos with it. She had it now transferred to a CD. At the place where it was transferred the CD plays. It does not play with our VCD/DVD player nor can I make it play with xine, mplayer, or totem.

What could be amiss?
InTheWoods
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:12:58 pm »

Most cell phones use the 3gp codec for their videos. The current version of ffmpeg in the repository does not suport this codec. MPlayer uses ffmpeg as does Xine, I think. So you are not going to be able to play these on a Vector box. Your the second person to have a question about cell phone videos that I have seen.

I made a suggestion in Dweeberkity's latest multimedia disk thread that he complile ffmpeg with 3gp support.Perhaps you should make a request for an ffmpeg package compiled with 3gp support in the New Package Requests section of the forum.

<EDIT> Actually the codecs to play 3gp videos are available for mplayer and xine to use. You just can't use ffmpeg to convert them to other formats. Perhaps your phone uses another codec. Google the phone to see what codec it uses.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:37:04 pm by InTheWoods » Logged
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:11 pm »

Most cell phones use the 3gp codec for their videos. The current version of ffmpeg in the repository does not suport this codec. MPlayer uses ffmpeg as does Xine, I think. So you are not going to be able to play these on a Vector box. Your the second person to have a question about cell phone videos that I have seen.

I made a suggestion in Dweeberkity's latest multimedia disk thread that he complile ffmpeg with 3gp support.Perhaps you should make a request for an ffmpeg package compiled with 3gp support in the New Package Requests section of the forum.

<EDIT> Actually the codecs to play 3gp videos are available for mplayer and xine to use. You just can't use ffmpeg to convert them to other formats. Perhaps your phone uses another codec. Google the phone to see what codec it uses.

Thanks! That does tell the story.

Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: