VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 09:03:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally found a distro that suits me!  (Read 1317 times)
verden
Tester

« on: March 14, 2008, 02:43:38 am »

Hey i've been using Linux for about 10 years now,tried nearly every one. I have mainly used Debian based distro's and learnt quite a bit. I always got bored with distro's and always had to try another one just to see what it was like. Hmmm that gets boring as well. I first tried VL at i think version 5 or maybe earlier and was impressed but curiosity got the better of me again so i tried yet another distro. About 2 weeks ago i was reading a review for VL 5.9  from a lnk on Distrowatch  and i got curious so i d/l VL and installed it on my laptop. Wow this was some slick distro and everything worked first time. Its fast, smooth and reliable. I also installed it on my desktop with the same great results. Now i think its time to settle down for a while. By the way i'm am Aussie who loves life and my family.
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:47:01 am »

Welcome to V.L.

I too spent much time on Debian -- it's a good distro , but I like the community and vector just runs well on all my older hardware.  Enjoy.

Cheers!

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:22:47 am »

verden:

Welcome to Vector Linux!  I also spent a number of years going from one distro to another.  Most I think are pretty good at least in some ways.  Some are excellent.  A few aren't so good.  Vector Linux, however, is the perfect Linux for me, and that's why I've used it continuously for a few years now.  I do have a spare partition on my main machine in which I occasionally install a different distro, just to see what the other people are doing.  I've seen some really good stuff that way, but nothing comes close to Vector in terms of overall quality (in my experience).  Also, as kc1di said there is an excellent community here, and that makes VL much better than anything else I've seen.

Good luck with everything!

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
verden
Tester

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:52:53 pm »

Thanks foir the welcome, i've already solved a problem thanks to the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: