April 20, 2015, 11:58:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.
Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kqemu in VL5.8 SoHo  (Read 1195 times)
Posts: 9

« on: March 15, 2008, 09:50:45 am »

I'm trying to get kqemu working so that I can use some Win 9x software that either doesn't play nicely or (because of DRM-style stuff) doesn't play at all with Wine. I tried VirtualBox, but it wasn't great; I tried VMWare, but the install script couldn't find /bin/sh, which was a bit bizarre. Qemu seems much better, but still a bit slow, which is where kqemu comes in.

Problems: the version of kqemu that Gslapt finds for VL5.8 is kqemu_2.6.18.5--1.3.0pre11-i586-1vl58.tlz, which installs in /lib/modules/ -- but the kernel shipped with VL5.8SoHo is Unsurprisingly, modprobe can't find it. In case the earlier version of kqemu.ko worked anyway, I tried soft-linking this to /lib/modules/2.6.20 etc. -- but I still just get "modprobe kqemu FATAL: Module kqemu not found."

So I tried installing from source (kqemu-1.3.0pre11.tar.gz, downloaded from the qemu site). The configure script comes back with this:
richard:$ ./configure
big/little test failed
Source path       /tmp/kqemu-1.3.0pre11
C compiler        gcc
Host C compiler   gcc
make              make
host CPU          i386

kernel sources    /lib/modules/
kbuild type       2.6

I've tried searching on this forum (amongst many, many other places), and all I've come up with is which clearly implies that kqemu ought to be working... but it still isn't.


TIA Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:15:31 am by tortipede » Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!