VectorLinux
September 17, 2014, 11:12:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wireless card issue  (Read 1322 times)
Uta

« on: March 21, 2008, 12:43:35 pm »

I have install Vector Lite 5.9 on a very old LifeBook 765Dx. I am using a Trendnet card 421PC, Marvell chip, I think. I am using ndiswrapper and got it to show up as wlan0 but configuring it has been frustrating. I have iwconfig wlan0, putting in essid, mode, channel,ap, key but nothing shows up when I iwconfig wlan0 but the "hex key" entry. Where exactly is the file I need to edit/delete. Via vasm I did delete the connection that was wonky but via line command as root it's still shows up with no info but the "wep key".
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:08:26 am by Uta » Logged
kge420

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:11:10 pm »

Try disabling your wireless security and see how that goes.

Toshiba Satellite 2805
20 GB hdd
192mb ram
VL 5.9

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    -Ben Franklin
Uta

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:57:10 pm »

I have it up and running now. There were two issues. The first was when putting in my WEP password I didn't specify "open".
This worked:
iwconfig wlan0 key open xxxxxxxxxx channel 6 essid D-Link

the second was with my router assigning an IP to my VL box that actually belonged to my "print server".

All is well now.
Cheers
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:10:46 am by Uta » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: