VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 04:23:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: amarok not recognizing music info?  (Read 1812 times)
allmondjoy87

« on: March 21, 2008, 02:36:22 pm »

hey i just installed vl light and let me say its awesome, its the fastest distro i've ever gotten to install on such an old computer.  (Dell Latitude CPi, pentium II, 128 ram). 

with VLSamba Network Manager i'm able to find the shared music files on my windows desktop.

when i open the music in xmms it loads all info, (album/artist/title) but when i open in amarok it will only load the file name.  This is making organizing the music a big hassle.

is there any way that i can fix this? or anyway to add a library type feature in xmms? or is there any other media managing program i could get like exaile/banshee/ rhythmbox?

i'm trying to use this old computer as a sort of music hub for my downstairs, and i'm so close to getting it right.

thanks ahead of time
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:06:58 pm »

In Amarok, try right-clicking on the header above the file names, then on "Select columns" and check the ones you want displayed.
allmondjoy87

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:38:00 am »

haha im not THAT far lost.

no the columns are there, but there is no information in them.

but if i open up the songs in say xmms and right click to find info, the artist/song title/album are all there in the appropriate spots.  for some reason amarok doesnt want to load the info but xmms will.  anybody else have this problem?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: