VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL64-5.9 checksum signature on found  (Read 1657 times)

genelake

VL64-5.9 checksum signature on found
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:59:20 am »

I have d/l'ed and installed VectorLinux VL64-5.9.

I am now trying to run 'slapt-get --update' so I can install KDE.  But I am getting a 'checksum signature not found error'.  I have tried several different mirrors...same problem with all of them.

Anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

-Gene- 

seriivolk

Re: VL64-5.9 checksum signature on found
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:14:24 am »

I also installed vl64-5,9, wine 0.9.58. nvidia 171.06 drivers and want to install kde from gslapt but there i can't find it.
Is this a problem with 64-bit compatibility of kde or i must install it from other source.

Thanks! Waiting for any reply!

genelake

Re: VL64-5.9 checksum signature not found
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:41 am »

I should have mentioned that I did not have this problem with my 32-bit VectorLinux-5.9-Standard installation.  Looks like its just a VL64 problem.

-Gene-

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16
Re: VL64-5.9 checksum signature on found
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 04:48:52 am »

I have d/l'ed and installed VectorLinux VL64-5.9.

I am now trying to run 'slapt-get --update' so I can install KDE.  But I am getting a 'checksum signature not found error'.  I have tried several different mirrors...same problem with all of them.

Anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

-Gene- 

Hi Gene,
there appears not to be any KDE packages in the VL5.9_64 Repository yet.  but I may be wrong . This is not a fix but will let you bypass the checksum in slapt-get use the --no -md5 flag it will not check the md5 signature that way and should let you proceed.  this is not recommended if you a using any unknown sources though.
Cheers!
Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608

genelake

Re: VL64-5.9 checksum signature not found
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 08:51:41 am »

Tester Vectorite...Thank you for your solution.

The '--no-md5' does solve the problem.  But alas, you are right...there are no KDE packages available.  I'll wait a few days and try again.

Thanks!

-Gene-