VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 07:50:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deskjet 1120C printer driver  (Read 2106 times)
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« on: April 07, 2008, 05:40:22 pm »

Hello, I have just switched to VectorLinux and found that my printer Deskjet 1120C does not want to work at all:-(
I am using VL 5.9 standard gold and I have no idea how to instal printer driver. pleace, help.
thank you.

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »

To install your printer, run VASMCC ("Start" menu, System, VASMCC, or click on the icon in the Panel at the bottom of the screen). Click on Services, CUPS Printing. This will start a browser. Click on Add Printer. Work your way through the screens. Under Make/Manufacturer, pick HP and scroll to Deskjet 1120C. Finish the setup.

Once the printer is installed, click on Set Printer Options under the Printers tab while still in CUPS in your browser. Then Print Test Page. If all is well, you're ready to use the printer. If you run into a problem, post about it here.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 03:39:22 pm »

Thanks a lot for trying to help me.
I tryed to use CUPS, but I was confused, what device should I put in the second window, I have a choise:
LPD/LPR host ot printer (I think it's this one)
Internet Printing protocol(http)
Internet Printing protocol(ipp)
SCSI Printer
Bluetooth printer       
All others look don't like correct ones...

my printer is connected through the thick printer cable with a wide end that goes into computer's port for printers. I don't know how to name it properly:-(
which of them should I choose?

After I chosed the first one I was asked to write printer ip address. I tryed to read help, but actualy I do not understand how to find it. After I wrote a random one, and the instalation was over, printer does not started to work. I deleted what I did.
Could you help me, please?

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19:26 pm »

That sounds like the printer is connected to a parallel port. You have to make sure the parallel port is activated. Do that in VASMCC, Services, Hardware Set, and make sure that Parallel is selected.

Have your printer turned on before you run VASMCC, Services, CUPS Printing. You should now see a parallel port option in the window you mentioned. I don't have any parallel port printers and don't have the parallel port activated, so I can't check to see what CUPS may call it. I seem to recall things like Epson port or Canon port from years ago when I still had a printer on a parallel port. Maybe it's lpt1. If you don't see it after the parallel port is activated, post here again and I hope someone with a parallel port printer can give better information.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:53:13 am »

I looked on the internet for parallel port.
Yes, that is what I have, it looks like this:

It was already activated and I used LPT#1 in that menu.
I installed printer driver and it works!!!
Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:27:03 pm by budulay » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: