VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 07:22:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL 5.9 SOHO Preview Released  (Read 12689 times)
aryr100

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 10:46:47 am »

any release date for this in the CD store ?
blackbelt_jones

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 07:40:52 am »

Smiley Yes, I too am dying to see the Vector SoHo 5.9!  I know you guys aren't a big organization, and things take time... but I will be checking this site frequently!
Nobby

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 07:48:26 pm »

I liked this release but could not find the corresponding installable version.  Is there one?  The only 5.9 version used Xfce which I hate!  The 64bit version uses this and I found that I could not install my printer.
Please give me, and others, the choice of desktop environment.
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »

there are some wm/DE in the repos. you can get kde from slapt-get if you installed vl-std or vl-light.

I don't know if slapt-get kde package will be sooo fine tuned as the one in vl-soho

no2thesame
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 04:37:05 am »

Please be patient Nobby, there is indeed a SOHO in the wings (I believe) and check for its release on a daily basis. The VL SOHO team want to get things just right, especially this time as they will ask us to part with some cash for it. This will be my third VL SOHO, with each version a marked improvement. I'm sure it will be worth the wait (and certainly worth the money if the Preview is anything to go by).

Yes, I didn't like XFce initially... but the longer I use it.....it kind of grows on me. I installed KDE, on my 5.9 standard, from the 5.9 repositories with Gslapt but it is not as nice as the Preview, as Kidd said. We just need to be patient.

I prefer to set up my printer with the KDE Printer set-up tool but have you tried VASMCC > Services > CUPS Printing? That did it for me.

no2
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 04:57:14 am »

I liked this release but could not find the corresponding installable version.  Is there one?  The only 5.9 version used Xfce which I hate!  The 64bit version uses this and I found that I could not install my printer.
Please give me, and others, the choice of desktop environment.
VL 5.9 SOHO is coming there are many working hard to make sure it's a first class release and as bug free as possible.  as far as your printer install in std.  go to any browser and type http://localhost:631 and follow the instructions. 

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
liunx

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 01:08:01 am »

Hello,
i know the live cd is really a wonderful choice ,but for my bad cdrom and i can not burn the cd so i really want a version to install without cdrom ,just install it like before's version that easy to install,so anybody can help me to solve the problem???
 Shocked
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 06:12:06 pm »

Hello,
i know the live cd is really a wonderful choice ,but for my bad cdrom and i can not burn the cd so i really want a version to install without cdrom ,just install it like before's version that easy to install,so anybody can help me to solve the problem???
 Shocked
Yes, the Final SOHO-DELUXE was released (the install version), You can order a copy from vectorlinux.com .
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: