I have a multiboot OS with Grub as a bootloader. The following options are available: Win XP1, Win XP2, Vectorlinux and Ubuntu. The only thing I am missing right now is a complete backup solution to backup everything. By that I mean the following:
- MBR (grub is in there)
- ReiserFS (Vectorlinux & Ubuntu)
- NTFS (Win XP)
- If possible, no installation required and backup/restore starting from a booted livecd
I already did my own research and came up with the following candidates:
- Norton Ghost 14 > No MBR, No ReiserFS support > so I guess it will be 'by by Grub' after recovery
- Acronis True Image 11 Home > Installs things in the MBR > don't want to mess in there > does have ReiserFS
- Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 > does have ReiserFS > not clear if MBR is copied to the fullest
Anyone has some suggestions on this topic? What do you use, why, what are the limitations,...??
I'm asking this because I have a new Dell Latitude D630 from work, and I want to play with it. Meaning: install Linux, bootloader, ... And I want a tool to backup the complete supermarket
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!