VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 10:43:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector at polishlinux.org  (Read 2868 times)
kukibl
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:13:49 pm »

Hello people! Smiley I don't know if you have heard or seen www.polishlinux.org site. It is really good site, offers many nice things about Linux and BSD, also distro chooser quiz and distro comparision. Sadly, there are many distros but not our VL.

Last night I've decided to contribute and add VL. How things work? On their wiki pages you are free to contribute and edit as much as you want. When you think that you are finished, contact one of site's admins and they will put it on the site. I've spent arround two hours last night writing this, it was quite late so sorry if you find (and you probably will) some mistakes.

Feel free to edit VL's wiki page and change what you think it is not right or needs more to be complete. If you don't want to do that, please post here what would you like to change and I will gladly do it. Also, I know we all like VL, but try to be objective as much as you can. Wink

Here is the link : http://wiki.polishlinux.org/vector

Thank you in advance!

Alex
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:19:42 pm »

Great info there.  I really like it.

It's also important that somebody remembered Poland.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:27:06 pm »

lol!!
Great, I forgot Poland.  I read it as Polish, as in make shiny.  Roll Eyes
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:37:42 am »

So is it a Slavonic Linux site or what?

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
kukibl
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:19:46 pm »

So is it a Slavonic Linux site or what?

How do you mean Slavonic? Undecided

Site is Polish, but it is not intended just for people from Poland.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 02:37:49 pm »

'Slavic'

Incidentally, my best friend from college is from Poland

GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:54:46 pm »

My father's parents and my mother's grandparents came from Poland.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:11:17 pm »

Yeah I'd like to learn a Slavic language (namely Polish) but it'll take a long time and I am so preoccupied with abstract algebra, game theory, graphs ...

I have a book and CD on it I'll have to break out sometime. I just love how complex and evil it sounds. Plus they have good black metal bands, no matter what anyone else says.

itsgregman

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 03:22:02 am »

Is that accurate? Is SOHO5.9 going to be a paid edition like Deluxe?

A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one - Ben Franklin
kukibl
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 05:29:53 am »

Is that accurate? Is SOHO5.9 going to be a paid edition like Deluxe?

Yes.

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6003.msg41161#msg41161

"The preview is a try before you buy..."

@Epic Fail Guy

I just love how complex and evil it sounds.

Cheesy Cheesy This really made me laugh... I remember 2 years ago, my friend and I were hanging out with some Brazilians and most of the time we spoke English. Then I said him something on Serbian and they were terrified - eyes wide open and one girl said "I could never speak like that.". Grin

Yeah, I think that all Slavic languages sound complex. For example, Serbian (it is practically the same as Croatian - small differences, like American and British English; in ex-Yugoslavia it was called Serbo-Croatian) has one very nice rule - write as you speak and read as it is written. That makes reading and writing easy, but everything else is much harder comparing to English for example. I think this could be said for all Slavic languages. Personally, Russian sounds best to me.

Anyway, sorry for little off-topic. But I really like to see when someone is ambitious like you are. Wink
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:43:34 am by kukibl » Logged
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:46:28 am »

Cheesy Cheesy This really made me laugh... I remember 2 years ago, my friend and I were hanging out with some Brazilians and most of the time we spoke English. Then I said him something on Serbian and they were terrified - eyes wide open and one girl said "I could never speak like that.". Grin

Imitate Detonator from Massacration in front of Brazilians. I can always get a laugh by singing in that terrible falsetto voice.

That makes reading and writing easy, but everything else is much harder comparing to English for example. I think this could be said for all Slavic languages. Personally, Russian sounds best to me.

Anyway, sorry for little off-topic. But I really like to see when someone is ambitious like you are. Wink

Word. I realized the only kinds of challenges I can face are challenges against myself, so of course I have set many.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: