VectorLinux
November 25, 2014, 12:24:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ApplicationXtender Web Access (WX)  (Read 6463 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: April 11, 2008, 06:46:51 am »

I can't view the records at the following URL:

http://pucweb1.state.nv.us/PUCN/DktInfo.aspx?Util=Water

The "help" page says I need AplicationXtender Web Access (WX) to do so and I can't find a linux version of that program.

I updated Seamonkey, Opera and Firefox (to beta 3 or some such) without success. And could find no ApplicationXtender addons. 

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.   

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:29:53 am »

Looking at the page with Firefox 2.0.0.13 and SeaMonkey 1.1.2
everything works here.

I googled your error, I was not able to find any help.

Bigpaws
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:45:44 am »

Bigpaws,

Would you kindly go to one of the pages at

and open any one of them (click on 'view').

I picked one at random and opened it, which brought me to:

http://pucweb1.state.nv.us/wx/ISubmitQuery.aspx?Credentials=28:94C2FC7D931B3F4ECAA4F41A202064580941F8BE7B063F5F73835BE9B5A4263F73AAFBA26DE8D1DDED2DF96A329E18E85A8989BF4A872419907D13F5798D3BC0&DSN=PUCN%20Imaging&Appname=DOCKETS_2005_THRU_PRESENT&DOCKET%20NUMBER=08-03016&~~field1=on&~~field2=on&~~field3=off&~~field4=on&~~field5=on&~~field6=on&~~field7=on&~~field8=off&~~field9=off&~~field10=on

I then click on one of the pages and a window opens with nothing in it.  Doesn't matter which page I click on.  It says I need an extension or some such to read the page, the extension apparently being 'application/x-pw-oleobject), an extension unknown to seamonkey (nor firefox) 

I then enable pop-ups for that site, with no success..

I then go to the add-ons (extenstions) and add the AGENT addon (first one) and click on the button that says to make my machine a windows vista machine again without success.  I just get a blank page.

I tried all this on my secretary's machine as well, in case there was some problem with mine, and it did not work. I don't know if you went down the road as far as I did, but if you are actually able to view one of these pages, it must be that an extension/add-on that I don't have? 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

John

bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:32:41 pm »

I have tried this on my Slackware machine. I can view any page.

I tried virtualized 5.8 SOHO and was not able to view the page.

The problem is I do not know where the problem is.

Bigpaws

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:23:26 pm »

I use regular 5.8.  Apparently 5.8 and 5.8 SOHO are sharing this bed.

I wonder if someone with 5.9 could go to:

click on "view" for any one of the files and then, after the next page shows up, try to open one of the files?

John
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:29:20 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:05:26 pm »

I tried it in Opera 2.27 and didn't see any text. Bigpaws, are you actually seeing text? When I click on the link icon, I get a popup window titled ApplicationXtender Web Access .NET Document. .NET is a Windows thing. I think the Linux clone is Mono or something like that.

I don't know how to get Mono installed or if it would work for this. I think Mono is for development, not for using stuff created with Mono.

In Firefox 2.0.0.12 I got a new window saying I needed a plugin. When I clicked on "Click here to download plugin," Firefox searched and told me no suitable plugins were found. It doesn't work with SeaMonkey, either, which doesn't mention a plugin.

There is some interesting information at
http://pucweb1.state.nv.us/wx/Help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?context=client&topic=DocViewIrc .

On this it says this "AppXtender Web.NET is deployed on Microsoft IIS web servers on the Microsoft Windows operating system." I couldn't find anything about how the client could read the files.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:01:43 pm »

GrannyGeek I am seeing text after clicking the link.

Bigpaws
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:19:18 pm »

I did some checking and it seems that Applicationxtender is put out by a company called ECM (ecm.com) However, I could find nothing much on getting to view it with a machine running Linux.

I did find the following at http://solutions.mysql.com/solutions/item.php?id=339

EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender Web Access By EMC

MySQL Enterprise is supported with EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender Web Access.

EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender Web Access provides an efficient, inexpensive browser client for EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender. You will be able to retrieve, view, and manage documents using a standard Web browser.

FEATURE: Internet/intranet access to content
BENEFIT: Enable remote access by employees or partners and facilitate electronic bill presentment or electronic cataloging without having to install client software.

FEATURE: Web infrastructure standards
BENEFIT: Leverage commercially available browsers such as Netscape or Microsoft® Internet Explorer.

FEATURE: Comprehensive content display
BENEFIT: Search and view information using a full range of display and processing functionality such as wildcard and range searches, annotations, redaction, and thumbnails.

FEATURE: Robust, flexible security
BENEFIT: Grant application and document-level privileges through ApplicationXtender security models including native ApplicationXtender security, Microsoft® Windows NT-based security, or LDAP directory services.

I also found the following on the same page:

About EMC

As a MySQL Enterprise Partner, EMC hardware and software products, including VMware and Documentum products, are recommended components of MySQL Web and Data Warehouse Scale-Out Solution sets.

and

Products for MySQL from EMC

* EMC CLARiiON (MirrowView, SnapView) and Symmetrix (TimeFinder, SRDF)

Create restartable MySQL database replications usign CLARiiON MirrowView/SnapView and Symmetrix TimeFinder/SRDF
    * EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender Web Access

EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender Web Access provides an efficient, inexpensive browser client for EMC Documentum ApplicationXtender. You will be able to retrieve, view, and manage documents using a standard Web browser.
    * EMC VMware

VMWare helps you maximize server utilization and ease provisioning and management of your MySQL Enterprise servers -- a perfect TCO complement to MySQL.

This is pretty much Greek to me but perhaps it contains a clue as to why BigPaws can open the pages in slackware.

John

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 06:55:05 am »

Any further thoughts on this would be appreciated.  So far, the files at the Nevada  Public Utilities Commission, which are ApplicationXtender files, are the only files put out by a public entity for public consumption that I have not been able to read on my Vector 5.8 system. 

If there is another linux program that would open them, I would try that.  I am not too sure I am up to installing pure Slackware, as suggested by bigpaws.   I guess I could try wine or some such and see if that works (I don't now use wine). If Windows should be necessary to open ApplicationXtender files, I may write some letters to some folks and investigate whether that practice complies with laws requiring public files to be public.  It would be embarrassing to do that only to find out that there is a linux program that reads the files.  Perhaps I should post my questions on a Slackware forum?

John

|nic|
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 08:13:54 am »

When i click on Help and check installed components I get he following pop-up ( screenshot)

http://users.telenet.be/nicdm/Pictures/schermafdruk3.png

maybe u need one of these components, but there all *.exe files.

greetz

registered user #393337

Desktop AMD E6 / 8 gb ram / 120 GB SSD / 500 gb HD / VL7

Samsung NP110 / VL7.1 Std
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: