VectorLinux
December 21, 2014, 08:53:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: saving bookmarks to usb drive  (Read 6845 times)
brock

« on: April 17, 2008, 05:37:34 pm »

I sometimes go between  four different machines in different places, but my main is this Vector laptop.  Is there a way to save to and retrieve a firefox file that loads from a usb that I can carry around that loads and updates my bookmarks and preferences and personal idiosyncrasies? That sure would be handy.....Anyone ever heard of such a thing other than using a usb with u3 and run firefox from that?  That would certainly work although my mac machine doesn't recognize my sandisc u3 so it wouldn't be perfect. 

ChemBook Laptop (it was free) 1.50 GHz 1 gig ram 1024x768 screen Ethernet-cable modem (working on wireless), Vector 5.9 Standard Gold, HD install, NO dual boot--windowsfree system!  prefer Xfce for now
|nic|
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

Hi brock,

U can export your bookmarks into an html file and then save it to your usb, and then import it on the other pc.
in firefox go to bookmarks - organize bookmarks - file - export.

Save it, and put it on your usb.

To import its the same, but instead chose import.

hope this helps u.  Smiley

greetz

registered user #393337

Desktop AMD E6 / 8 gb ram / 120 GB SSD / 500 gb HD / VL7

Samsung NP110 / VL7.1 Std
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:57:30 am »

What about just using a Firefox extension such as Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronizer?

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
|nic|
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:26:42 am »

That's also a possibility  Smiley

registered user #393337

Desktop AMD E6 / 8 gb ram / 120 GB SSD / 500 gb HD / VL7

Samsung NP110 / VL7.1 Std
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: