VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 12:02:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: other OS hard drive  (Read 2299 times)
bujums

« on: April 20, 2008, 09:22:40 pm »

I installed Vector 5.9 Deluxe and then I installed Ubuntu for a duel boot system.  So Ubuntu has access to Vector but Vector does not see Ubuntu.  I would like to "tell" Vector to look for Ubuntu or at lease be able to access the /home files.  In Vector I have looked in the files system under media and mnt but I do not see the other hard drives. 

P.S I have set up Ubuntu with more space and with a separate drive for /home.  I installed Ubuntu second because grub sees both but lilo only sees Vector...
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:42:55 am »

Logg in to a terminal as root. Create a directory where you want to mount the separate drive:
mkdir /mnt/data (or whatever you want)

Now run vasm
Go to Filesystem,  Mount, Add and follow the prompts.

You can also use vasm to configure LILO to boot both operating systems, but that will overwrite GRUB. If you have a working boot menu, no need to change it.
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:06:11 am »

I believe that vasm will create the mount point for you too.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
bujums

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:26:01 am »

I will give that a try and post back
bujums

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:32:01 am »

--solved--   Grin   VASM worked great and I have access to my home files now.  I did make the new directory but when I used VASM I did not the opportunity to use it, that is fine I made a shortcut and renamed it so all is good.

Thanks for the very quick help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: