VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: trouble in Aiports and Hotels  (Read 2127 times)

bujums

trouble in Aiports and Hotels
« on: April 21, 2008, 06:36:15 pm »

Sorry!! I know this is a weird one..
At home with my oun router I have no problem with my wifi (both Vector and Ubuntu connect).  But when traveling I very rarely connect with either.  Sometimes it looks like I have connected but I never receive the authentication page so I  can agree to their terms and "connect".  When I am at a hotel and can use a cord to connect the 1st time  then I seem to have better luck with the wifi.  Am I crazy?? 
I am able to use a radar and see what is available and I do type in the correct ssid...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:44:33 pm by bujums »

dawnsboy

• Vectorite
Re: trouble in Aiports and Hotels
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:38:17 am »

Can you specify which version of the OS that you are using and what hardware (laptop, wifi card model, etc) that you are using?  I am sure that it will be easier for someone to help you if that information is available to them.   ;)
Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light

bujums

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:45:02 am »

I will post that information tonight!  thanks for the advise. :)

bujums

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:09:09 pm »

I am using Vector 5.9 Deluxe Gold (but nothing from the 2nd CD) and Ubuntu 7.10 using Gnome and Xfce.  But I don't know exactly what my wifi card is I know it is a Broadcom but I don't know where to look,  I can say that my laptop is a compaq presario V5000.