VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 04:46:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: here's an intriguing question  (Read 3677 times)
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:04 am »

Politics, religion and pseudo-science.

EDIT: though I must add, a well educated politician with forsight and an incorruptible moral fiber and who's intention is to serve only the public is probably one that can arguably have the biggest beneficial impact than any other profession.
Unfortunately, they dont exist.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:51:35 am by easuter » Logged

Vanger
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:46 am »

You know, you really have to be someone to play a significant role. Even for a weapon manufacturer, your field of work will be very narrow. Most possibly you won't ever see the weapon itself.

For example, older lecturers at my caphedra made research on optimal guidance for ICBMs, that were (and still are Wink ) targeted on you.

So just do your best in what is most interesting to you, not that most "important for society". But if you want to sacrifice best years of your life, serving abstract idea - hey, the life is yours, do what you want Wink .

Running silent, running deep
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 01:29:26 pm »

You know, you really have to be someone to play a significant role. Even for a weapon manufacturer, your field of work will be very narrow. Most possibly you won't ever see the weapon itself.

Well, operations researchers, for instance, are people who handle a lot. Every job in such a sprawling field is really narrow but the machine breaks down when even the tiniest cog is missing. That's why people tried to block trucks carrying napalm-B in my country some years ago. (They failed.) Even the semi-skilled truck driver was an essential part of the delivery process.

Of course, if I am ambitious and prove myself, I will be able to have a more general influence. I'm always surprised at what I am capable of doing with deep-seated hatred to press me on.

For example, older lecturers at my caphedra made research on optimal guidance for ICBMs, that were (and still are Wink ) targeted on you.

AWESOME

So just do your best in what is most interesting to you, not that most "important for society". But if you want to sacrifice best years of your life, serving abstract idea - hey, the life is yours, do what you want Wink .

They're going to be wasted for me anyway, so I might as well dig in my heels and react with extreme and uncompromising malevolence. If my life gets ruined, someone else is paying for it; I don't care who.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:39:14 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Vanger
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 02:10:50 pm »

Of course, if I am ambitious and prove myself, I will be able to have a more general influence. I'm always surprised at what I am capable of doing with deep-seated hatred to press me on.
If you can't manage a team, you'll never go up from an operationist. Very few tasks in applied fields can be done singlehandedly.

AWESOME
Yep. So if you work in some applied field, like guidance, or robotics, or laser physics and perform good, you'll get some applied tasks.
For example my father's lab after multiple budget cuts still didn't sank only because of various medicine and even theatrical perfomance tasks with lasers. Because of that when they recently got cut on two persons, they managed to have only one person leaving. Noone needs science in land of orange democracy, though, only scientists themselves.

They're going to be wasted for me anyway
Sorry, I kinda got tired of telling "it's your own life, do what you want".
So, yes, you're right, you're gonna waste these years anyway if you want it so.
Is Comic Book Guy a right role model for you or you prefer a generic trekkie?

Running silent, running deep
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18:26 pm »

If you can't manage a team, you'll never go up from an operationist. Very few tasks in applied fields can be done singlehandedly.

True, but I can be really engaging and humorous when it serves some purpose for me. That's pretty good when deceit is so hard for me.

AWESOME
Yep. So if you work in some applied field, like guidance, or robotics, or laser physics and perform good, you'll get some applied tasks.
For example my father's lab after multiple budget cuts still didn't sank only because of various medicine and even theatrical perfomance tasks with lasers. Because of that when they recently got cut on two persons, they managed to have only one person leaving. Noone needs science in land of orange democracy, though, only scientists themselves.

What is 'orange democracy'?

They're going to be wasted for me anyway
Sorry, I kinda got tired of telling "it's your own life, do what you want".
So, yes, you're right, you're gonna waste these years anyway if you want it so.
Is Comic Book Guy a right role model for you or you prefer a generic trekkie?

No, they're going to get wasted whether I want it or not.

Incidentally, I don't really like comic books or Star Trek. I haven't even read anything fictional recently.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: