VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: is there an option to install into the brazilian portuguese version ?  (Read 947 times)

kuruka

???
hi, vector linuxers and support team,
I'm a newbie here. I'd like to know if the vector distro may install the operator system into the brazilian portuguese language? If not how do I shift to the one? best regards.

8)

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: is there an option to install into the brazilian portuguese version ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »

Hi kuruya. Currently the installer is available in English language. Though, you can change the system language once installed. To do that you have to edit the /etc/profile.d/lang.sh file and replace en_US by pt_BR.
Keep in mind the translations depends on the applications and some of them are better than another ones. Personally I find KDE doing the better job on this, and I install it on my friend's computers when they don't want to deal with English. They usually are Spanish speakers (I am from your neighborhood ;)

HTH
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!