VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 07:28:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up VL 5.8 with an Epson Printer - SOLVED  (Read 2759 times)
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 12:22:04 pm »

Right... finally solved this, but it really isn't very intuitive setting a new printer on CUPSWeb!

The stumbling block is the screen where a whole load of gutenprint files are listed; ahh, I'm getting somewhere now, I thought; you feel you're supposed to choose something from this list to continue, but NO, you have to resist and just click on 'Add Printer', and this brings you to the next page, where at last there's a list of printer makes.  Click on this and you get all the models of one make, and hey presto.

Printing is, however, very slow and hesitant compared with Windoze.  Are there any tweaks I might make to settings to speed up this printer, or might it just be that the system is struggling with not much memory??

Thanks for everyone's help.

Compaq Armada E500, i686 Pentium III, 512Mb RAM, 3.2 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 5.9 Standard

Fujitsu Lifebook, i686 Pentium M, 1.7 GHz, 1028Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard

Compaq Evo, i686 Pentium M, 1.4 GHz, 512Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 01:43:31 pm »

Thanks for marking this as "solved"  Smiley

I would suggest making a new thread in "Office and Printing" regarding the performance problem. I have no experience in that particular area.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: