VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setting up VL 5.8 with an Epson Printer - SOLVED  (Read 3265 times)

Martin109

• Vectorite
Re: Setting up VL 5.8 with an Epson Printer - SOLVED
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 01:22:04 pm »

Right... finally solved this, but it really isn't very intuitive setting a new printer on CUPSWeb!

The stumbling block is the screen where a whole load of gutenprint files are listed; ahh, I'm getting somewhere now, I thought; you feel you're supposed to choose something from this list to continue, but NO, you have to resist and just click on 'Add Printer', and this brings you to the next page, where at last there's a list of printer makes.  Click on this and you get all the models of one make, and hey presto.

Printing is, however, very slow and hesitant compared with Windoze.  Are there any tweaks I might make to settings to speed up this printer, or might it just be that the system is struggling with not much memory??

Thanks for everyone's help.
Compaq Armada E500, i686 Pentium III, 512Mb RAM, 3.2 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 5.9 Standard

Fujitsu Lifebook, i686 Pentium M, 1.7 GHz, 1028Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard

Compaq Evo, i686 Pentium M, 1.4 GHz, 512Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Setting up VL 5.8 with an Epson Printer - SOLVED
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 02:43:31 pm »

Thanks for marking this as "solved"  :)

I would suggest making a new thread in "Office and Printing" regarding the performance problem. I have no experience in that particular area.
Pages: 1 [2]