VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 10:49:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: VL5.9-Light Beta5 Bug thread  (Read 10580 times)
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« on: May 04, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

Please report any bugs from the B5 release of VL5.9-Light here.

Thanks,
Uelsk8s
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 07:14:14 pm »

The kernel headers, etc. are not available. Can I use what came with other VL releases of the 2.6.22.19?

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
M-ake

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:04:15 am »

*After logging in to LXDE the lxpanel shuts down immediately. I can only see a flash of it and then boom, it's gone. I have to manually start it after login.
*The pink highlight with Vmenu button should be changed to something else. (lxpanel) It kinda pops out too much. =)
*In Slim "Login failed" appears over the buttons. "Login failed" -text should be repositioned.

I'll add some more later once I get this tested more. Very nice release IMO, 34 Mb memory use with LXDE. Freakin fast!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:12:53 am by M-ake » Logged

Jumalauta!!
--
Fish go m00!
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:08:03 am »

The kernel headers, etc. are not available. Can I use what came with other VL releases of the 2.6.22.19?

Yes, no changes there. Package was just omitted to meet ISO size goal.
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:59:13 pm »

I've installed B5, and have some reports:

- When choosing optional packages, there's one named KDM-Slim for VL5.8.  Is that a package name, or a text label? If it's just a text label, could you change it?

- Testing repo is enabled by default.  It's ok for me, but I don't think it's the standard way to go.

- Vpackager version is the same as B3, but IIRC B4 had a newer one.  Am I wrong?

- I kept my /home partition, and at the end of installation, I was asked to mark files that I wanted to reset (All ~/.rc are marked by default), I unmarked .Xdefaults .gtkrc-2.0 and .vimrc .  All them were replaced with new ones, and I lost all my configs Sad

- I don't know if that's somewhat related to the previous point, but my ~/Desktop was completely reset to the standard .desktop files,   wipping out all my files under ~/Desktop (3Gb more or less).

- .Xdefaults has some info about urxvt,  but if I install urxvt, it can't be executed due to fonts issues.

If you want further info on something related to that, don't hesitate asking.

See you

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:05:21 pm by kidd » Logged

nubcnubdo
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 03:34:28 pm »

I chose a resolution of 1024x768x16. Desktop icon labels are good size, but fonts in Opera are too small, so I am thinking perhaps the vid driver is incorrect.

I'm glad there is an option to "Play CD" in the Multimedia section, cuz I was about to give up on getting XMMS to play a CD.

Trying to play a DVD with Xine, the top half of the screen of a movie is broken up into lines and unintelligible. Vid problem.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:49:04 pm by nubcnubdo » Logged
Vanger
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 04:26:05 am »

slim doesn't have option to launch lxde

how can one change number of workspaces in lxde7

Running silent, running deep
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »

Just installed beta5

the login setup could be raised up above the wave line in the wallpaper and may make it look cleaner

lxde is cool and the wallpaper is very smart

I like the red on the menu button myself

the rooted dialer is working and I added icons, menu items and a lxde quick launch item. can post how to if any one wants to know. could not find a method for adding to lxde menu

the opera font seems small  at 1024 maby just me

looking good...played some media ..will go play some more

did not get an option to choose vid driver during install..will have another look
Thanks

adding:
when I use the desktop icons for help and forum it opens three instances of opera the first is the preferance as it confirms exit, the second just is and the third has the intended file or link loaded..attempted a few ideas for fix but non so far..seems to work fine otherwise and the quick launch is normal-one instance. the font seems small..changed the font in preferance but will have another go at it.

nice work
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:06:46 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
shahgols
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:09 pm »

The maximize button in Opera didn't work for me until I grabbed the Opera window at the title bar and dragged it.  It then started working, but the square image of the maximize button is all screwed up. 
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 07:40:01 pm »

the square image of the maximize button is all screwed up.

cool that means you are maxed out, click it and you are back to a resizable "square"

no issues with media, commercial,mp3,ogg/avi/mpg/etc

is there a trash for pcmanfm ? just curious, or alternative trash package

getting daily use...

adding:

had two instances where the lxde panelbar disapperaed...I loged out and into fluxbox..where I changed the wallpaper then logged out and into lxde to find no bar..I attempted to recreate the loss..but no luck..the first was a log out and into lxde after playing with wallpaper and icons..not sur if it is bug or to much play
should I leave the save session checked? I am unchecking when logging out ..thinking this will maintain original state.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:12:06 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Witek Mozga
Vectorite

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 12:52:23 am »

Please report any bugs from the B5 release of VL5.9-Light here.

There is still the misleading VLwifi feature I reported before already

when I give my WEP password, "sexbomb" for example , then when it tries to finish, it displays on the terminal:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    invalid argument "sexbomb".

when I type "s:sexbomb" instead of just "sexbomb" it works OK.

Maybe the proper use of WEP pass should be emphasized a bit more.

Maybe there should be a hint or something like this or maybe VLwifi should recognize whether a user gives the password alone or the pass prefixed with "s:"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:54:55 am by Witek Mozga » Logged

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 04:26:42 am »

Maybe there should be a hint or something like this or maybe VLwifi should recognize whether a user gives the password alone or the pass prefixed with "s:"

I am unfamiliar with this issue. Is it unique to VL Light?
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 04:33:16 am »

For those intrepid testers who have been contributing: I have an unofficial preview of RC1. It has not been reviewed and approved, so you have been warned  Grin  No huge changes, mainly tweaks and upgrades. Kernel source has been added back in. ISO size 368M.

http://cincinnatix.com/vectorlinux/nightflier/rc1-pre.iso
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 04:37:25 am »

had two instances where the lxde panelbar disapperaed

I have seen that on initial login a couple of times, and there was another report of it. This may be something to report back to the LXDE devs. Keep those bug reports coming!
Witek Mozga
Vectorite

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 04:47:22 am »

I am unfamiliar with this issue. Is it unique to VL Light?

No, I reported it for STD here:
http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5059.msg35788#msg35788

In VL Light VLwifi still cannnot activate my zd1211rw driver during boot, despites I checked this option
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:51:46 am by Witek Mozga » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: