VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 10:00:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rtl8187 usb wireless card very slow speed at surfing  (Read 4689 times)
vincent2
Vectorite

« on: May 05, 2008, 05:46:59 am »

Bonjour!
finally i configured rtl8187 to work with NDISwrapper driver,wifi-radar worked....but at very slow speed of surfing....quite frustrated ,i can ping every site no problem, but can't browsed if properly, very slow speed........
shoulD I disable IPV6?or add inet3 to make rtl8187 work at normal speed?
what's the commands?
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:57 am »

I use the rtl8187b with ndiswrapper with excellent performance.  But...  I have the latest ndiswrapper installed.  I found the one included with VL5.9 Standard had a problem with keeping connected.  Maybe the latest (ndiswrapper) will work for you?
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:46:50 am »

I use the rtl8187b with ndiswrapper with excellent performance.  But...  I have the latest ndiswrapper installed.  I found the one included with VL5.9 Standard had a problem with keeping connected.  Maybe the latest (ndiswrapper) will work for you?
Ditto but I didn't update ndiswrapper I just used my other wireless adapter.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:59:55 am »

the problem remains no improvement at all after updating to the latest version ndiswarpper(compiling from source).i can't access to vector website at all althought i  can ping its name...
i can only  a very few site (which i visited with ethernet LAN in the office, perhaps vector has a caches to remember,......)that's strange....
any user here actually surf the net at flawlessly speed with RTL8187 usb wireless card?from my reading relevant topics it seems  all claims it works well under vector 5.9.....
any pravtical solution?
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 04:52:07 am »

You may want to try the serialmonkey drivers:
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:17:47 am »

non that doesn't work at all, serial monkey doesn't support realtek rtl wireless chips at all..
while rtl 8187 usb did work well  with ndswrapper under mandriva 2008 spring.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 06:40:19 am »

I may be reaching.  But did you have the kernel sources installed, and did the ndiswrapper kernel module get built when you compiled ndiswrapper?  Also apparently the new ndiswrapper scripts aren't backwards compatible with the older ndiswrapper.

In otherwords, if you successfully installed a 8187 windows driver with a previous version of ndiswrapper, those drivers will be copied into /etc/ndiswrapper/* and a scipt/text file will be created in the same dir.  This text file has whatever magic that's needed to run the driver.
Remove this driver folder and reinstall the driver with whatever method you used before.  It might help?

I wish I could be more helpful.  My wireless adapter has the usb chip, and acts like a usb device, but is somehow permanently attached in this laptop.  So they aren't exactly the same.

I know they are closely related and I didn't have to do anything unusual aside from a new version of ndiswrapper.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: