VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 12:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Font resizing from CLI  (Read 976 times)
BlueMage
Vectorite

« on: May 06, 2008, 03:13:19 am »

Just re-working my media box at the moment - ended up breaking a perfectly working system by putting VL5.9 Std on there to replace 5.8 SOHO.  Anyways, going back to SOHO didn't seem to solve matters, so I've decided to let VL-Light run its course.

Now, a consistent problem I've had with running my media box is, becase the display is a 106cm plasma tv, I get some odd screen resolutions and frequently, the fonts are ridiculously small to the point of unreadability in GUI.  Normally, I mash out a way to increase the fonts easily enough.  But I've now decided I've had jack of that.

Font sizes seem to come up right in CLI however, so it's quite usable in CLI for editing and setting up.  So I guess my question is this:  How can I adjust - globally - the font sizes used in GUI from CLI?  I'm guessing I'll need to up them to around the 30 mark to be readable - after I can read what I'm typing again, I should be able to get everything working (might even get the wireless working this time too).

Thanks in advance.

Acer Laptop:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive!)
Compaq POS (almost dead): Vector 5.9 Light Beta 5
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
Old 500MHz media box:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final (dead)
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: