VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 08:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gtk Themes not finding their Engines. (((SOLVED)))  (Read 5843 times)
taime1

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 03:27:15 pm »

so uh... yeah... ldconfig.  *smacks himsef in the forehead*

i just wanna say, this is by FAR the best linux community on the web.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 07:54:56 pm »

lol...  Worst thing you've ever done right? Cheesy
Glad you're in business.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 08:09:08 am »

Little late for you to take advantage of...  but clearlooks is packaged and in testing.

I'm here to tell you that you have nothing to be ashamed of when it came to building nimbus.  It was just plain stupid.  The configure script looks for already installed files in the current directory!  I solved it by figuring out what files it was looking for and creating links in the current dir to the actual files.  It also required a newer version of icon-naming-utils, which in turn needed the XML::Simple perl module built (I hate doing those).  But we're all set.  I've packaged them all and will get them in testing (hopefully) some time today.  Don't hold me to it as I've a bunch to do today (real life).

I have to say nimbus looks cool enough by itself.  I'd be interested in a link to your theme that uses both clearlooks and nimbus.  I'm sure it's very nice.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:50 am »

Nimbus and friends are in testing now Smiley
taime1

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 06:03:38 am »

Oh very cool!  yeah, i had a booger of a time figuring out that i had to create those symlinks and then get the other packages before i could build it. but i have to say, for a newb, im pretty proud of myself, hehe. nimbus is a great looking theme. i just grabbed the first release of opensolaris, and it uses that Sun theme. looks familiar!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: