VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Installation issue  (Read 1916 times)

cleric

Installation issue
« on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:32 am »

Hello. My name is Marcus. I've tryed to install VectorLinux-5.9-Standard-GOLD on a Olivetti laptop, but i cannot pass from the boot. Here are the specification of my laptop:

Processor: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo, 1500 MHz (9 x 167)
Video: SiS Mirage 3 Graphics
Sound: SiS High Definition Audio Controller (Sis 7012)
Hard Disk: WDC WD1200BEVS-00UST0 (111 GB, IDE)
Network adapter: SiS191 Ethernet Controller(Gigabit)
Wireless network adapter: Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter

I don't know if this is relevant, but when i tryed to install ubuntu, i cant pass from the boot too. I must add some lines and then it's start.
noapic nolapic acpi=off
I've read on a post, that some people have the same problem, and when they put linux noapic, or linux irqpoll, they solve the problem, but i dont.
When i write linux irqpoll it stops when it say's isapnp: No Plug and Play device found, and the same message when i didnt write anything.
The other message are:
-----------------------------------------
linux noapic acpi=off

ohci_hdc 0000:00:03.1: Unlink after no-IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ
linux acpi=off irqpoll

ENABLING IO - ACPI IRQ
.. TIMER: vector=0x31 acpi=0 pin1=2 acpi2=0 ping2=0
I don't know if someone understand what does mean, but i hope someone can. With slackware, it just work fine. i have no problems with the boot, or installation. And also with Slax, and Wifi-slax.
I hope someone put me in the right direction.
Thank you so much.

:)

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Installation issue
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 06:15:21 am »

try using the "linux noapic" by itself.

cleric

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:30:49 pm »

it doesnt work.
it say's that theres nothing pluged in, and it's stop. its weird. other idea's??

thanks.

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:54:33 pm »

No idea how to resolve that issue....
But I do know when you get it running you will have to use ndiswrapper and a windows driver to get that wireless card running. I have the same card. Search the forums when your ready.