VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 07:45:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create ADSL with SOHO5.8  (Read 1542 times)
magyarver_kv

« on: May 12, 2008, 07:52:19 am »

Hi Camrade,

I've a question: how can i create an adsl net with Soho5.8.  No modem, only UTP cabel and a have to calling/dialup (username and pw). I tried with VASM but there no option with ADSL. After I tried with LinuxADSL4 programs (creating PPPOE), it was writing "Connected" but a clouldn't use net.
Who is can help me?

about me: My name is Viktor from Hungary, I'm a webdevelop student. I've known and used the Vector for 3-4 months and I very like it. Before two weeks I had cabelnet so wasn't problem with becuause the DHCP is create the network.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:27 am »

open a terminal... su to root and run pppoe-setup

magyarver_kv

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:25:31 am »

I rebuilt the system and did that you wrote. And it was succesful; Thank you Wink
I think i made a lot of fault when i was trying network Smiley but now is good everything. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: