VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 07:43:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clock Lag??  (Read 1609 times)
Atticmonkey

« on: May 15, 2008, 11:24:33 am »

So i have had Linux now for only a couple of days..  One thing ive noticed so far is that the system clock in the taskbar lags    e.g.  I set it to my watch...the longer i let it go the farther in time it gets as if it runs slower than actual time.   Set it last yesterday to my watch and as of this posting it is now aprox 45 mins behind actual time..  Any ideas?   Running Supergamer Vector Linux
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:45:57 pm »

Check the supergamer forum as there is response to your post there

if your motherboard has a battery maby it needs replacement.

Everything Is Relative
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:06:06 pm »

So i have had Linux now for only a couple of days..  One thing ive noticed so far is that the system clock in the taskbar lags    e.g.  I set it to my watch...the longer i let it go the farther in time it gets as if it runs slower than actual time.   Set it last yesterday to my watch and as of this posting it is now aprox 45 mins behind actual time..  Any ideas?   Running Supergamer Vector Linux

install ntp using gslapt
after it's installed in a terminal as root run the command ntpd
set the clock and it should track the ntp server clock which is set to the atomic clock in colorado i believe.
that should keep it on time.
Cheers ,

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: