VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 11:30:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hay gice last.fm group  (Read 1567 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: May 21, 2008, 12:52:37 pm »

http://www.last.fm/group/Legion%2520of%2520Vector

brought to you by Hellcommander Epic Fail Guy (a.k.a. Oberst Gothmog), at kidd's recommendation

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:21:34 pm »

That's great and all Hanu, what the heck is it?  The member list there is staggering Cheesy
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »

Last.fm is a great place to discover new music. Type in the name of an artist you like and it will play that artist and similar ones. Another one is Pandora. Of those two, I think last.fm gives you a broader spectrum.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:23:56 pm »

That's great and all Hanu, what the heck is it?  The member list there is staggering Cheesy

last.fm is a sort of social networking site where you can exhaustively view a user's elite (or not) taste in music and find artists recommended according to your playlist, etc. It's almost like YouTube, except it's not so much about finding actual content as it is about wanking over content. However, many artists have uploaded some of their songs and you can listen for free.

That group there I created is small because ... well ... I made it only a few hours ago. I hope more people join because, otherwise, the top artists are going to be ... idk ... Geimhre and 'Jop and Joy'.

And yeah it is a pretty useful site. I found out about Lustmord and Laibach there. Not a lot of people have listened to certain very well-known foreign artists on there though, so it's not without disadvantages.

Xeon
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:41 am »

I joined

My music compability with you is euh .. interesting.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:04:41 am »

Regarding your sig ... (I know it's not good etiquette to comment on people's sigs, but just this once) -

A question:  what's said on Woden's-Day (today where I live)?

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:50:03 am »

That's an excerpt from a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow which was only about Thor. The full text is here:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/time/smd/smd20.htm

I'm not sure what you'd say on Woden's-day. But there is a page about him, too.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/time/smd/smd19.htm

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:36:54 am »

Interesting ... thanks EFG!

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: