VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 10:14:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector won't load  (Read 1732 times)
alkali147

« on: May 22, 2008, 11:47:25 am »

hello, i decided to try vector linux coz i have quite old celeron. first distro was ubuntu (that is slow) then i used arch linux, but then ive got married and i didnt have much time to sit around arch, and my family is quite afraid of arch (great distro though). i have no cd rw so i installed vector form arch host as in installation guide, but there where several problems, it was skipping swap (though swap was unmounted), but thats not the case, installation ended succesfully, and i rebooted, and when i select linux (tui, gui) from lilo i see bootsplash vector linux is loading, ive waited 15 minutes but nothing.. whats the problem? i followed all the steps of installation but configure system, i thought i can do this by vasm. any ideas?
thanx in advance and sorry for my terrible english, im georgian
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:18:54 pm »

I never tried skipping system configuration during setup, don't know what that does for the system..

Try selecting tui from the boot menu. You will then be able to see the messages. Post back what you see.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: